The second Cornwall Farm Business Awards took place at the Royal Cornwall Showground on Friday 25th February 2011, with 180 guests enjoying a celebration of Cornwall’s finest agricultural producers.
Launched in 2010, the Awards celebrate the important role of farmers and food suppliers, and their contribution to the economy of Cornwall. Each category recognises individual excellence within Cornwall’s farming and food industry and highlights the need to support Cornish farmers and food producers.
Organised by the Addington Fund, the event aims to promote the work of the charity which supports farming families through its Strategic Rural Housing Scheme and Trustees Discretionary Fund.
Members of the public, farmers and trade had the opportunity to identify the most innovate and forward thinking farmers and growers from their area, in a range of categories.
The 2011 winners are:
- Best Commercial Farmer- Sponsored by Hodgsons – won by Richard Thomas
- Best Woman in Farming – Sponsored by World Wide Financial Planning – won by Catherine Mead
- Best Farm Processor – Sponsored by Cornwall Agricultural Council – won by Bob Lindo
- Best Supplier to the Food Industry- Sponsored by Kivells – won by Philp Pryor
- Cornwall’s Future Farm Business Leader -Sponsored by National Farmers Union – Won jointly by Julian Ellis and Nicola Chegwidden
- Cornwall’s Best Dairy Farmer – Sponsored by AMC – Won by Stephen Bone
- Victor Ludorum – Sponsored by Cornish Mutual – Won by Stephen Bone
The organisers are indebted to primary sponsor Coodes Solicitors, the Country Land and Business Association (CLA) as well as media partners, Western Morning News and BBC Radio Cornwall for their support.
For more information on the awards or the work of the Addington Fund please visit their website.