Here at Coodes we are committed to providing our clients with professional advice and excellent levels of service. With a specialist team offering expertise in a wide range of legal areas we provide clients with the benefits of a large firm combined with the personal touch of a local service.
- Tell you who is dealing with your matter and who your contact is. We will keep you informed of any changes.
- Do our best to communicate with you in plain English and keep legal jargon to a minimum.
- Explain to you the legal work that is needed. We will keep you informed of your legal rights and provide you with the necessary advice to enable your matter to be completed or resolved as effectively as possible.
- Progress your matter as quickly as reasonably possible and inform you of the up to date position and the timescale for future actions on your behalf.
- Update you when appropriate as to whether the likely outcome of your matter justifies the likely costs and risks of continuing.
- Deal with your enquiries and communications as quickly as reasonably possible. We will endeavour to return telephone calls the same day, and reply to letters within two working days.
Charges and Pricing
- We offer a range of pricing options for the work that we do.
- At the start of your matter we will establish with you the pricing option that is the most suited to your individual requirements.
- We will keep you informed of the likely charges for the matter at least every six months and also if there are any unusual or anticipated costs.
- We will inform you if there are any unusual or additional charges prior to incurring these charges.
- We will consider carefully all your comments about our service. If you feel that you are not receiving the service that you hoped for please tell the person dealing with your matter immediately.
- We may ask you to complete a feedback form at the end of your matter which we will use to help us improve our service.
- We operate a complaints procedure which is available on request.
- We treat all clients fairly and do not discriminate against anyone because of their age, race, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
- We will represent your interests and keep your business confidential.
To help us provide this service we need you (the client) to:
- Provide us with clear, timely and accurate instructions.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Consider carefully and act upon our advice to you.
- Pay our fees promptly to avoid any delay with your matter
We are committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received please contact the person carrying out your work.
If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction or you would prefer not to speak to that person then please contact our Complaints Partner, Chris Andrews, on 01579 347600, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 10 Windsor Place, Liskeard, PL14 4BH. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints which is available on request.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask The Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. He can be contacted by telephoning 0300 555 0333 (Helpline), by writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or by e-mail to email@example.com. By its rules there are time limits as to when the Legal Ombudsman will accept complaints. These are six years from the date of the act or omission complained of, or three years from when you should have known about the cause of the complaint. Normally you will need to bring a complaint to The Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint, but aim to provide a response within 28 days.
If your instruction relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may be able to submit your complaint to a certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’:
- The ODR platform, is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to online contracts. The ODR platform is available to consumer clients only, i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- The website address for the ODR platform is: ec.europa.eu/odr