- Tax Planning
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection work
- Louise acts for a number of elderly clients as Deputy under Court of Protection and for many people as Attorney
Louise has extensive experience advising families and individuals on wealth protection. This covers the drafting of Wills to best suit a client’s financial and family requirements, advice on gifting to support the next generation and to mitigate tax, the setting up of Trusts to protect assets and provide long-term financial benefit and the efficient and speedy administration of estates.
Louise also carries out Court of Protection work and acts as both Professional Deputy and Attorney for many incapacitated clients. Louise is skilled at assisting vulnerable people with complex capacity issues.
She provides advice to Attorneys and Deputies, including a number of young people with significant learning difficulties, stroke survivors and individuals living with dementia.
Succession planning for multi million pound family business to include a strategy, lifetime gifting to reduce/negate a significant inheritance tax liability.
Approximately half of Louise’s caseload is probate and estate administration, with the remainder of the time spent dealing with LPAs and Deputyship, along with Wills and Succession Planning.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 1999
- Solicitors for the Elderly
- Louise is the Secretary of the Older Peoples Forum and a co-opted Trustee of Age Concern trained in bereavement counselling, she is very experienced in working with bereaved and vulnerable people
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Certificate in Grief Counselling
Louise is Chair of the Board of Trustees of AGE UK Cornwall and Isles of Scilly.