We know that the way in which personal information is used is important to you. That information is protected in the UK by Data Protection legislation which details how we can process such information in a fair and lawful manner. We maintain databases of the information that we hold both electronically and manually and will keep the data secure to prevent unauthorised access by others.
When we first obtain personal information from you, or when you take a new service when using the website, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do not want to receive information about our other services. You will normally be able to do this by ticking a box on the application form. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below.
You can access and browse our website without disclosing any personal data. However, if you wish to use some of the services that we offer, you will need to provide certain information.
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- When you agree to pay for a service from us, we may collect your contact details, date of birth, and details of how you will pay for the service. This will include your bank details;
- When you contact us with an enquiry, request a newsletter or download information or in response to a communication from us, this may tell us something about how you use our services;
- When you apply for a job or send in your employment details you may tell us personal information about yourself relevant to your recruitment.
Information about our clients is an important part of our business. However we do not sell or share that information with others, except as set out below:
We may use your personal information to:
- Identify you when you contact us;
- Help identify other services or information that may be of interest to you;
- Gain feedback on the service that we have supplied, or may provide in the future;
- Carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including transactional information), conduct research and create statistical information;
- Contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multi media messages) about other services offered by us;
We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and email) for quality assurance and compliance.
We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this and may share it with other people or organisations. We and other organisations may use and search records to:
- Help make decisions about credit funded services provided to you;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us other satisfactory proof of identity.
If you communicate with us via the internet, or if you provide us with your email address, we may occasionally email you about our services. When you first give us personal information through our website we will give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can always email or contact at the address below at any time if you change your mind.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your emails may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – that is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
You may request details and copies of the information that we hold about you. You may also request that we delete or rectify any information that is inaccurate. We reserve the right to charge a fee for supplying this information and we may require proof of identity before we supply it to you. Any such request, or if you do not wish us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes then you can notify us at anytime by writing to: The Data Protection Compliance Officer, Coodes, Elizabeth House, Castle Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3AP or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your personal data changes then please let us know and we can correct or update it.
We may amend this policy from time to time, in which case we will publish the amended version on our website and you can ask us for a copy by writing to the above address or emailing us at email@example.com.