Accident And Emergency (A&E) Negligence Claims
Accident and emergency (A&E) at hospitals provide a vital and often life-saving service with round the clock care to patients. On the rare occasions that you might need to visit A&E, you have the right to expect that hospital staff will be able to diagnose and treat a serious health condition as soon as possible.
A&E departments are notoriously busy, and doctors and other medical staff are under enormous pressure to keep waiting times down at the same time as making life-saving decisions and quick diagnoses. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t expect a good standard of care.
Can I Make An Accident And Emergency (A&E) Negligence Claim?
Our clinical negligence lawyers have years of experience helping people claim compensation who’ve suffered negligence in A&E because of:
- Mistakes in taking a history from a patient
- Poor physical examination of a patient
- Misdiagnosis or a delay in the correct diagnosis
- Failure to carry out investigations such as scans or blood tests correctly
- Misinterpretation or loss of the results of investigations such as x-rays, scans or blood tests
- Failure to refer a patient to the appropriate specialist
- Delay in treatment
- Incorrect treatment
Many diagnosis errors lead to treatment errors, which can result in life-changing consequences for the patient. Coodes have settled many cases of A&E diagnosis and treatment error, and have gained considerable experience in this area as a result.
Although there are many ways that you may be affected by incorrect or inadequate treatment, some common forms which may lead to an Accident and Emergency compensation claim are:
- Failure to detect fractures from scans leading to prolonged and unnecessary pain.
- Failure to detect foreign bodies, such as glass, in a skin wound.
- Failure to act on symptoms suggestive of a serious illness, leading to a worsened outcome.
- Not asking for appropriate help from senior doctors with the ability to diagnose and treat complex conditions.
By making an Accident and Emergency negligence claim, we could help you secure compensation which would allow you to access expert care and rehabilitation to meet your ongoing and future needs. Compensation could also provide support if your loved one has sadly died as a result of nursing negligence.
Our medical negligence lawyers could also accept your nursing negligence claim on a No Win No fee basis, meaning that you won’t have to pay for anything unless you win your case. We can also offer you a free initial consultation with one of our experts where we can discuss your case.
Please contact us for more information or book an appointment using the form below: