Making a Will
Whether it is you or a loved one making a Will, you will be safe in our hands.
At Coodes Solicitors, we combine a practical approach to Will making with a warm, friendly service. We know that planning for the future after you are gone is a disheartening thought, but making a Will is the best way to provide for your family and give them peace of mind that they are respecting your final wishes.
With offices in Truro, Newquay, St Austell, Falmouth, Penzance, Holsworthy, Launceston and Liskeard, we are conveniently located and easily accessible for people across Cornwall and West Devon.
How our Will solicitors can help
We have made our Will writing service as straightforward as possible. We can:
- Talk you and/or your loved one through your Will options in simple, understandable English
- Advise you on the best ways to structure your Will to accurately reflect your wishes
- Advise you on Inheritance Tax and using your Will to make your Estate more tax efficient
- Advise you on other aspects of Will writing, such as:
- Appointing Executors (the people you will trust to deal with your money and property after you die)
- Setting up Trusts
- Appointing Guardians for your children
- Leaving money to charity
- Setting out your funeral plans
- Deciding who should look after your pets
- We can draft your Will, ensuring that it clearly puts your wishes into words and minimising the risk of confusion about your wishes after you pass away
- For most Wills, do all this for a fixed price
- Store your Will for no extra cost
- Make home visits in certain circumstances
We also regularly update Wills for individuals. Whether your current Will was written by us or not, we would be happy to take a look and provide advice.
Elderly client services
If you are growing older and need other lifetime planning advice or you are helping a loved one sort out their final affairs, we offer a bespoke Elderly Client Service designed to help with all your needs. As well as Will writing, we can help you create a Lasting Power of Attorney, manage Trusts, plan for later life care, and more.
If your loved one struggles to make decisions for themselves and cannot make their own Will, they may need a Statutory Will made on their behalf. We have dedicated Court of Protection experts who can help you make an application.
Wills for rural and agricultural families
We often work closely with our Rural Services team to help farming families, and agricultural or rural landowners across Cornwall and Devon with all their estate planning needs. We can help you structure your Estate so that land, property, businesses and other assets all pass to the right people as tax efficiently as possible, minimising the risk of family disputes and ensuring the future of the farm or Estate.
Fixed fee Wills
We offer fixed price Wills including:
- Simple single Will (includes Will storage) – £250 + VAT
- Simple mirror Wills (includes Will storage) – £350 +VAT
In addition, to comply with the Anti-Fraud Regulations, if we do not hold up to date identification documents for you, there will be a compliance fee to verify identity of £30.00 plus VAT per Testator.
For a detailed quote or to speak to one of our specialist lawyers regarding your Will. You could also contact one of the team at a Coodes office near you.
Get in touch with our will solicitors in Cornwall and West Devon
To arrange an initial discussion with one of our Will lawyers, give us a call on 0800 328 3282 or fill in our simple online enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We have local offices in Truro, Newquay, St Austell, Falmouth, Penzance, Holsworthy, Launceston and Liskeard. We can also arrange home visits in certain circumstances.