It has been recognised that one in four people suffers from a mental illness at any one time. At Coodes, our lawyers have had considerable experience and have acquired a thorough understanding of the complexities surrounding Mental Health Law.
The services we can offer include:
- legal representation of clients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983
- assisting and advising clients in respect of the Mental Health Capacity Act 2005
- helping clients recovering from mental health problems with accessing appropriate support in the county
- advising families of those with mental health disorders on legal rights, mental health care and support available
- legal representation of vulnerable adults and family in respect of Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- legal representation of clients before the Court of Protection