Moving Home Costs
Fees for our award-winning conveyancing services
We offer competitive conveyancing fees for our services because we recognise the fear of writing a blank cheque for solicitors’ costs. We are up front about our fees and do not have any hidden costs.
Please contact your nearest office and we can discuss our fees for handling your house sale or purchase.
You can also get an online estimate for our conveyancing services for selling a property and for buying a property.
How to budget for conveyancing fees when moving house
If you are buying a property, you need to budget for a number of additional costs:
- Solicitors fees for your property purchase: Fill out our form to get a quotation from Coodes
- Solicitors fees to sell your existing property (unless you are a first time buyer)
- A survey
- Searches, including local, mining, drainage and water search, plan search plus as well as Land Registry searches
- You may possibly need a mundic test, depending on the age of the property you are buying
- Stamp Duty Land Tax for properties over £125,000 or over £300,000 for first time buyers
- Ground rent and service charges for a leasehold property. Please note that there may well be other fees for buying and selling leasehold properties
- Mortgage fees, including fees for a remortgage
- Removal costs: It is worth shopping around to find the best price and service
- You may also need to consider professional cleaning costs and pay for any maintenance and repairs on your existing property.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and there may well be other legal issues which come to light during our title investigations which may generate additional expenditure, for instance, defective title indemnity policies, and so forth.
Fees for Conveyancing
We understand that costs are a particular concern so, to make things easier, we will provide you with a comprehensive quote at the outset. Please call your nearest office for a full quotation or use our online enquiry form.
We understand that moving house is expensive and spiralling legal fees can add to the worry. That is why we are clear and transparent with our pricing, including those buying an affordable housing property through Help to Buy, Resale Price Covenant or Shared Ownership schemes. Call us for a full quotation 0800 328 3282.
First Time Buyers Stamp Duty Land Tax Relief
If you are a first time buyer, you may not need to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax. If you are paying under £300,000 for your new property you will not need to pay. For purchases between £300,000 and £500,000 there is a reduced rate for first time buyers.
To qualify, you need to fulfil certain criteria. Talk to our conveyancing team and they can advise you.