No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors
Coodes are a leading medical negligence firm with over 40 years of experience in Cornwall and Devon. Our no win no fee medical negligence solicitors are known for delivering first class legal advice and guiding clients through challenging and sensitive times.
We understand that a clinical negligence claim is a very personal experience and that the relationship between lawyer and client is a partnership based on trust, integrity and honesty. The most important decision you will make is finding a law firm that fits with you.
If you want to find out whether we are the right law firm for you then give one of our lawyers a call, in complete confidence and without any obligation, and let us see if we can help you.
Although Coodes’ medical negligence lawyers are based in Cornwall and Devon, we cover the whole of England and Wales and will come and see you wherever you are. We act for clients anywhere in the world so long as they have been injured in England and Wales.
Medical Negligence No Win No Fee
We are able to represent you on a number of funding arrangements, including by way of a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement (often known as a Conditional Fee Agreement) which allows you to make a medical negligence claim with no financial risk to you. This means you don’t have to worry about paying our fees as the case progresses and you can count on us to support you around the clock.
Coodes’ specialist compensation claim solicitors are committed to securing access to justice for our clients. We are always happy to act on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis if the case is strong enough.
Under a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement:
- If you win your case your opponent (i.e. the NHS in many medical negligence cases) will pay the majority of your legal costs. Any legal costs not paid by your opponent will be deducted from the compensation that you receive
- If you lose your case, you can be assured that there is no financial risk and you won’t have to pay anything
Our no win no fee medical negligence solicitors deal with many cases every year and no two are the same. Regardless of the type of claim, our promise to you is that:
- We will always provide you with free initial advice
- There are no hidden costs
- There is no financial risk to you if you lose your case
- If your case is unsuccessful, we will not charge you for our legal costs (provided you comply with the terms of our agreement)
- We will do everything we can to recover the maximum amount of compensation available to you and your loved ones
- In most cases you will keep the majority of your compensation and we will work to keep your liabilities for legal costs to a minimum by recovering as much as possible from your opponent
Other Funding Options
Sometimes people have legal expenses insurance that will fund a medical negligence claim. This will usually be attached to a household buildings or contents policy and will provide you with a sum of money which will cover the legal costs of making the claim whether you win or lose. We will ask you to send copies of any appropriate policy to us so that we can look into whether you are covered for medical negligence cases.
Legal Aid (also referred to as “public funding”) may be available but only for children who have suffered a neurological injury caused during pregnancy, childbirth or within the first eight weeks of their life. We will of course advise you whether you are eligible for this.
Finally, if you’re a member of a trade union they may provide assistance for some legal issues.
If you cannot fund your claim either by a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement or by the options above, your only option is to fund your claim privately. However, we would usually agree to carry out the initial investigation for a fixed fee and if you win your case, you will recover the money you have paid from the Defendant.
Usually if you don’t have legal expenses insurance or trade union help, your best option is to consider a No Win No Fee agreement. Importantly, even if you do have access to other funding options, a No Win No Fee agreement may still be the best option for you.
When we discuss your claim in more detail we will tell you if the No Win No Fee option is available or if we need to look at the other funding options.