Surgical Negligence Claims
Surgery has improved many lives but most people understandably find having to undergo surgery extremely stressful. This can be made worse when mistakes are made during operations which can leave you with unnecessary pain and suffering and can have a massive impact on your everyday life. When mistakes are made during surgery and the patient’s condition is made worse as a result, our specialist medical negligence solicitors will be able to assist you in your surgical negligence claims.
Surgical Negligence Claims – Can I Make A Claim?
Some examples of medical negligence that can occur in surgery are as follows:-
- Performed the wrong operation
- Operated on the wrong body part
- Left foreign objects in the body
- Caused infection
- Stitched the wound incorrectly
- Didn’t check your suitability for surgery
- Failed to provide proper advice following the surgery
- Didn’t inform you about the risks involved with the surgery
- Injected too much/little anaesthetic
- Caused nerve damage during the surgery
- Injured nearby organs
Surgical Negligence Claims – The Risks of Surgery
Depending on the type of surgery you’re having, there are different risks involved.
Our medical negligence solicitors specialising in surgical compensation claims can help you make surgical negligence claims if you weren’t warned about the risks of your procedure or if your surgeon made an error which led to unnecessary pain and suffering due to their surgical malpractice.
Some examples of complications resulting from surgical error where you may be entitled to make a surgical compensation claim are as follows:-
- Anaesthetic – nerve damage, allergic reactions, death
- Ear, nose and throat surgery – breathing difficulties, excessive bleeding, deafness, infection
- Gynaecological surgery –, deep vein thrombosis (blood clotting), injuries to other organs, infections, hernia, excessive bleeding
- Heart surgery –, damaged arteries, heart attacks, brain related problems, excessive bleeding infection
- Neurosurgery (brain) – stroke, bleeding in the brain, blood clotting, brain swelling, comas, impaired speech, vision and coordination, infection, seizures
- Ophthalmological surgery (eye) –, vision loss, visual symptoms (halos, glares, sensitivity), dry eyes
- Orthopaedic surgery – damage to nerves or spinal cord, excessive bleeding, infection, inflammation
- Urological surgery – infection, injury to adjacent organs, urinary control issues (incontinence), erectile dysfunction
- Vascular surgery – infection, bleedings, failed or blocked grafts, strokes, heart attacks, leg swelling, brain impairment, impotence
If any of the above incidents of surgical malpractice have happened to you, our surgical malpractice lawyers are here to help and guide you through the process. We’ve helped many people to claim compensation after surgical errors so we know exactly how to approach your case to get the best possible result.
Our specialist surgical negligence solicitors accept claims on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that you won’t have to pay for anything unless you win your case.
Please contact us for more information or book an appointment using the form below: