- Property and land disputes including disputes concerning ownership/boundaries, nuisance, trespass, easements and covenants, residential landlord and tenant disputes, TLATA claims and building disputes
- Contentious probate and trust disputes including disputed wills/will challenges, Inheritance Act Claims and executor/trustee disputes
- Court of Protection Litigation
- Professional Negligence Actions
- Consumer and contract litigation
Ben deals with consumer and contract litigation, property and land disputes, residential landlord and tenant disputes, professional negligence actions and defamation.
Ben also acts for claimant and defendant clients in a full range of contentious trust and probate matters including those relating to the validity of Wills, claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, problem executors, associated negligence claims, difficulties arising out of the sale of property within an estate and equitable claims including proprietary estoppel.
Ben resolved a high value Inheritance Act Claim for an adult claimant securing a significant settlement for the client at mediation after the issue of Court proceedings.
Ben dealt with a complex property dispute concerning a disputed boundary, trespass and nuisance issues resolved after the issue of Court proceedings following an on-site without prejudice meeting.
Ben dealt with a defamation claim for an individual claimant against a large organisation securing a formal apology (which was circulated and published in the press), a significant settlement sum and a payment to cover the client’s costs and expenses.
Ben resolved a difficult property dispute concerning lack of access to the client’s property by way of negotiating a replacement route of access with a neighbouring owner and recovering the clients’ costs and expenses from their conveyancers by way of a professional negligence claim.
Ben dealt with a case for executor clients in a case where the doctrine of ademption would apply under the provisions of the will making an application to the Chancery Division of the High Court under CPR Part 64 for a declaration to protect the executors position on final distribution.
Ben secured a positive outcome for clients in a claim for a prescriptive right of way concluded by Order from the First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
Ben secured title to an area of land for the clients and recovery of their costs from their conveyancers, which also involved successfully concluding an adverse possession claim and securing an injunction to prevent trespass and demolition works.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2009
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Registered Contentious Trust and Probate Specialist with ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) since 2017
Ben has been singled out by the Legal 500 for several years and described as “outstanding”.