Partner, Department Manager (Commercial Property)
- Development land sales and acquisitions
- Option and Overage Agreements
- Buying and selling commercial property
- Dealing with property aspects of business transfers
- Property company sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold
- Sales and purchases of property portfolios
- Deeds of Easement
Jo is the former Deputy Department Manager of our successful Residential Property Team and now Heads the Commercial Property Team. She is an experienced manager and has also spent over 20 years dealing with property matters.
She has a keen eye for ensuring high service standards are maintained and delivered, being a member of the firm’s active Customer Service team. A key part of her role is also research and networking with other profession groups and individuals in the industry. This ensures that the team are at the forefront and knowledgeable of market trends and legislation changes, in the ever moving property climate.
Acting for development company in purchase of development land. Work included advice on conditions of planning consent, impact of covenants that bind the land and advice on specific searches and investigation to be carried out for land to be developed.
Sale of a residential waterfront listed apartment over £500K. Leasehold property requiring drafting and negotiation on a Deed of Variation to alter the terms of the Lease.
Purchase of new build waterfront residential apartment over £1.2million. Negotiating on terms of Contract and dealing with complications in relation to lack of access easements and complex plans of site.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Chartered Legal Executive since 2005
- Cornwall CILEx member – currently Branch Chairman for Cornwall Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Committee member for the Cornwall Property Professionals Association- a network of property specialists across the County