- Domestic Abuse
- Children Law
- Social Services involvement with your family
- Change of Name Deeds
Machaela advises clients in a broad range of family matters but particularly specialises in proceedings involving allegations of domestic abuse. She works closely with a number of domestic violence organisations and is well regarded in this area.
She acts in a variety of matters under the Children Act 1989 involving disputes over the living and contact arrangements for children.
In addition, Machaela advises clients in Public Law matters where social services have become involved with their family.
Machaela accepts instructions under the Legal Aid Scheme and will always carry out an initial assessment to establish if a client can benefit from Legal Aid.
Acted for a client in Children Act proceedings involving allegations of domestic abuse to determine arrangements for child.
Acted for a client in complex Children Act proceedings in which a finding of fact hearing was held and significant findings made against the other party.
Acted for a client in Family Law Act proceedings to obtain Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders.
Represented a client at a Public Law Outline meeting as a result of social services involvement.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Nature and Dynamics of Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (DASV) through Safer Futures
- Educational Coordinator of Cornwall Junior Lawyers Division
- Member of Cornwall Law Society
- Finalist of Best Family Law Paralegal at the National Paralegal Awards 2020
- Highly Commended – Paralegal of the Year at the Modern Law Awards 2020
Thank you for all your help. You are an amazing lawyer!