- Deputyship applications appointing both professional and lay deputies
- Deputyship administration for professional and lay deputies
- Power of Attorney administration
Megan assists and advises on a wide variety of matters relating to Deputyship applications and Deputyship and Power of Attorney administration, in assisting with the management of Property and Financial affairs in the best interests of the Protected Party or Donor.
Assisting the firm’s Panel Deputy with investigating a Protected Party’s complex financial and property history having been mismanaged by the previous Deputy.
Liaising with the Local Authority in relation to a Protected Party’s care fee position to avoid the matter becoming contentious.
Managing a complex family dynamic surrounding the property and financial affairs of a Protected Party to ensure their best interests are the first consideration.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- LLB Law with Criminology
- Megan is currently studying the Legal Practice Course, with a view to starting her Training Contract in order to qualify as a Solicitor.
- Dementia Friend
Megan has prior experience in the Private Client department, assisting with:
- Applications for Lasting Powers of Attorneys
- Inheritance Tax returns and probate applications
- Estate Administration