Chartered Legal Executive
- Sales and purchases of residential property
- Complex Transfers of Part
- Transfers of leasehold property
- Drafting variations of leases
- Equity release transactions
- Granting of easements and covenants
- Variation of easements and covenants
Michelle is a highly skilled and experienced conveyancer who regularly handles a wide variety of complex transactions.
In a recent purchase of a high value property it was noted that the property would qualify for Multiple Dwellings Relief in respect of Stamp Duty Land Tax. The clients were unaware of this and ended up saving over £50,000.
Sale of Leasehold Property where the Lease needed to be varied to accurately delineate the extent of the demised property. The freehold title also needed to be rectified to accurately delineate the extent of a flying freehold. This matter also included dealing with the absence of a right of way on the registered title although pre-registration deeds indicated that a right of way should have been registered. The title was rectified accordingly and the sale was successfully completed.
Transfer of equity of a property which needed to be completed before the end of the client’s tax year. Despite the very tight time limit the matter was completed in time.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives since 2009
- Previously qualified as a Licensed Conveyancer in 2002
Articles and Posts
Michelle Hawkins - very professional, prompt, and courteous in her approach.