Partner, Team Leader (Rural Services)
- Sale and purchase of farms as a whole or in lots
- Farm business tenancies
- Rights of way
- Property aspects of business transfers
- Sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold properties
Pam specialises in handling complex rural properties, including the sale and purchase of farms and farmland. This includes dealing with farm business tenancies, refinancing etc and splitting of farms and farm lands as part of matrimonial settlements or succession planning.
Purchase of farm and farmland in West Devon for a client, including dealing with complex aspects around commons rights, boundary issues and unadopted accessways.
Sale of a farm in Cornwall 2019 which benefited from a large area of common land where there were different buyers for different parcels of the farm.
Sale of a small equestrian set up in North West Devon which included two holiday cottages.
Recently acting for a client to split the farmland between farming partners in conjunction with their Bank, and the complexities around the redemption of mortgages or release of land from mortgages.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1994
- Country Land and Business Association Limited
- Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association
- Trustee and present Chair and Company Secretary of the Holsworthy Community Property Trust
- Board member of the National Network for Community Land Trust
- Recommended in Chambers & Partners
- Recommended in Legal 500
Repeatedly recommended in Chambers and Partners UK rankings, which includes the best lawyers and law firms from across the UK, it cites Pam as a leading expert in her field.
It recommends her for “agricultural property work, including tenancy matters and the sale and purchase of farms.”, with clients saying: “I like Pam Johns, I think she’s great,” adding: “She’s thorough, she’s fair and she gets the job done.”
Also recommended in Legal 500 for her work with Agriculture and Estates.
It has been a pleasure doing business with you all