Meet the team: Lianne Priest
1. Did you always want to be a lawyer and what inspired you to pursue a legal career in the first place?
No, I did not specifically set out to be a lawyer. Growing up, I had always been aware of the advantage of working your way up in a firm/company experiencing a variety of roles and responsibilities along the way, so always knew this would be my preferred approach in whatever industry I worked in. My work experience placement was at a law firm; I went on to qualify as a solicitor just over 10 years later at the same firm. I did this whilst working full time; studying in the evenings and weekends.
2. Covid-19 has transformed the way in which many of us work. How have you adapted and what do you now do differently?
Since the pandemic I have embraced the most up to date legal technology and various platforms and services available. This, in turn, has also enabled a greater degree of options to our clients and improves their experience of our services. Equally, if clients prefer the previous methods of doing things – that’s fine too!
Also, for quite some time we had all been working exclusively from home. This has since altered as the rules relaxed and I now do a bit of both.
3. What do you enjoy most about living and working in Cornwall?
I love the outdoors and living by the coast. I enjoy an active lifestyle and enjoy running, swimming, working out and Pilates and love being able to do these outdoors (more so in the summer months!).
There is also nothing better than a coastal walk on the weekend with my family.
4. Who or what inspires you in your life and work?
My grandparents with whom I have lived since birth. They are the most caring, compassionate, and hardworking people I could ever have wished to have in my life and raise me.
Also my 4 year old son, who is always happy, full of life and has an abundance of energy!
5. What have you been most proud of in your career to date?
Qualifying as a Solicitor after many years of part-time study and attending the Admission Ceremony in Chancery Lane with my grandparents and Husband, Ian.
6. Tell us something about yourself that your clients may not know
That I have also practised as a Family Solicitor specialising in divorce, financial settlements and children arrangements.
7. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve overcome so far in your legal career?
The first few months of changing career were fairly daunting but I soon grasped the ropes and embraced the new challenge. I am at my best when I have a goal or striving for something new!
8. What’s your super power?
9. How would your colleagues describe you?
I think the ones that work closest with me would probably describe me as hardworking and easy going.
10. What object would you not want to be without as you go about your daily work and why?
My “to do” list!
11. What, in your opinion, does Coodes do particularly well? Is there anything it does differently from other law firms?
Coodes have incorporated the most up to date technology and constantly evolve and adapt.