Partner, Head of Department (Commercial Property)
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold properties
- Landlord and tenant
- Investment by SIPP’s and SASS’s
- Acquisition of development land
- Property aspects of business transfers
- Lease renewals
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Property ownerships for professional partnerships
- Rights of way
Membership and Accreditations
- Member of the Cornwall Law Society
Helen has extensive experience across a wide range of commercial property transactions having worked in the city for 20 years. Before joining Coodes in November 2012, Helen was a partner at city firm SJ Berwin (now part of King & Wood Mallesons). Helen has acted for quoted property companies, institutional investors and occupiers, in each case, with responsibility for all aspects of their property dealings. She has handled the acquisition and disposal of large portfolios of properties and high value properties in central London, lettings of corporate headquarters, property joint ventures and management agreements, property elements of corporate matters and the day to day management of an extensive property portfolio.
• Giving strategic advice to The Crown Estate in connection with the redevelopment of two blocks on the prestigious Regent Street portfolio, a property swap valued at £100m which included thirteen properties leaving The Crown Estate and the grant of a new head lease and the portfolio management of Regent Street generally;
• Acquiring for The Crown Estate the Queensgate Centre, Harlow, a 225,079 square foot multi-tenanted retail park;
• Advising British Land on the property aspects of one of the largest UK securitisations involving 35 supermarkets;
• Advising White & Case in connection with the move of its London headquarters to new City offices occupying approximately 100,000 square feet;
• Advising British Land on the significant pre-lettings of 201 Bishopsgate and Broadgate Tower to Henderson, Mayer Brown Rowe & Maw and Reed Smith.
• Advising the Salisbury family in relation to all aspects of their central London commercial estate based around Leicester Square and St Martin’s lane.
In her spare time Helen is a trustee of the St Ives School of Painting.
Articles and Posts
A landmark case involving Marks & Spencer highlights the importance of businesses understanding the terms of a commercial property lease.... Read More
Many people are seeing the benefits of a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP), one of the Government’s latest schemes designed to... Read More